Being creative is a part of the Easter Egg fun. This year (since we all have more time) take that creativity to the next level by making your own dyes out of fruits, vegetables, and roots. Anything food that stains your hands while you are preparing it will stain eggs.
- 1-2 cups Spinach, Beets, Red cabbage, Blueberries
- 2-Tablespoons Turmeric, Chili powder, Paprika
- 7-Onion skins,
- 1-Red zinger tea bag
- Put 2 cups of water in a saucepan
- Add coloring agent
- Bring water to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes (or longer for darker color)
- Strain liquid into mason jar, allow to cool for 2 to 3 hours
- Stir 2 Tablespoons of white vinegar
- Add 3 eggs to jar, seal, and refrigerate overnight or until desired color is reached
- Dried eggs can be polished with a little cooking oil to make them shiny
2 cups of grape juice or leftover coffee can be used with 2 Tablespoons of vinegar. Liquids that are already dark not need to be heated. Follow the same process of putting eggs in the liquid, and then in the fridge.